Scrum Masters are servant leaders and coaches for a Squad. They help educate the team in Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed.
The Scrum Master primary responsibility is assisting the self-organizing, self-managing team achieve its goals. Scrum Masters do this by teaching and coaching team practices, implementing and supporting Agile and Lean principles and practices, identifying and eliminating impediments, and facilitating flow.
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership
- Support the team rules
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals
- Lead team efforts in relentless improvement
- Facilitate meetings
- Support the Product Owner
- Eliminate impediments
- Promote SAFe quality practices
- Build a high-performing team
- Protect and communicate
- Responsibilities on the train
- Coordinate with other teams
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART events
- Support estimating
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Certified in relevant Project and Agile certifications
- English: Fluent
- Knowledge of JIRA/Confluence is an advantage
As a plus:
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Work in the reliable and stable well-known company
- European Office (Montenegro, Podgorica)
- Payment of relocation and organization of the legalization for employees and their families
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance for all family members
- We compensate you once a year flight home
- We are working according to Russian working calendar and have up to 120 days off including weekends
- Work in the friendly professional team
- Unique international corporate culture