Scrum Master/Agile coach
The scrum master is a key role in our organization, one where candidates relish helping other team members communicate, coordinate and cooperate, in general the scrum master assists the team in meeting their delivery goals. The scrum master is a servant leader - a person that helps team to self-manage and deliver via effective Agile practices. You will support and ensure the rules of the Scrum process are agreed upon by the team. You will also help the team coordinate with other teams on our overall release train and will communicate the status to management as required.
- Facilitating key Agile rituals: backlog refinement (grooming), sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospectives.
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. Remove impediments and coach teams to remove impediments by themselves.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Enable and support self-organization.
- Helping teams to get the work done by facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- First level Scrum Master certification
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- A very competitive salary in a stable company
- Regular salary reviews - we reward great work
- Super comfortable office with modern design (Russia, Barnaul)
- Peace of mind with medical assurance
- Work in a friendly professional team
- Unique international corporate culture
- Team-building activities and other catching events in IT sphere
- English training